Celebrating Our 1st Anniversary
Today marks 365 days of wedded bliss. It feels like just yesterday we were saying “I Do” surrounded by loved ones. This first year of marriage was full of excitement and new adventures. We celebrated our honeymoon in Italy, lived abroad in Germany, and visited 10 different countries together. We also learned how to adapt to life in quarantine…and got super comfortable spending 24/7 together. I can’t believe a full year has gone by already!
Once Upon A Time…
We got married on June 1, 2019 in our happy place, Charlevoix, MI. Ryan has been visiting Charlevoix since he was little and it quickly became a favorite weekend getaway spot for us. Ryan proposed in our other happy place, Disney World, so it’s only fitting that our wedding reception took place in a castle…Castle Farms. I wore a princess ballgown, sparkly heels that would make Cinderella jealous, an elegant cathedral veil and the necklace that my Nonie wore on her wedding day.
We had so much fun planning our wedding and adding special touches like homemade coasters featuring our own Charlevoix photos, a vintage key place card display, and Tinder photo booth prop…taking us back to where it all started. Velvet and sequin linens complemented the Castle’s stone walls and farm tables lined with greenery and gold candlesticks added a warm glow to the room. We danced the night away and said farewell to guests with a final dance to “Kings & Queens” by Mat Kearney. Our romantic fairytale wedding was absolutely perfect and we wish we could relive this special day over and over again.
Cheers to our first year of happily ever after…we can’t wait to add another chapter to this fairytale!
Vendor Dream Team
- The Ceremony: St. Mary of the Assumption
- The Reception: Castle Farms – Knight’s Castle
- The Dress: Jenna In White
- The Veil: Piera’s
- The Rings: Troy Jewelers
- The Shoes: Blue by Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade x Keds
- The Makeup + Hair: Talulu Beauty Lounge, Dolled Up with Dina
- The Flowers: Thyme Hill Designs
- The Food + Drinks: Grey Gables
- The Photographer: The Weber Photographers
- The Videographer: Wedding Tales
- The Cake + Dessert Bar: Simply Sweet by Jessica
- The DJ: Rusch Entertainment
- The Cocktail Hour Music: Mike Davis Trio
- The Decor + Linens: 307 Events
- The Farm Tables: Serradella
- The Chiavari Chairs: Sweet Seats
- The Trolley: Northern Michigan Trolley
- The Suit: Macy’s
- The Groom’s Accessories: State & Liberty, SprezzaBox
- The Bridesmaid Dresses: Bloomingdale’s
- The Bride’s Accessories: Lace Bridal Boutique
- The Invitations + Paper Goods: Minted, Etsy
One thought on “Our Northern Michigan Fairytale Wedding”
Hard to believe a year has gone by. You did a beautiful job helping relive the memory of that first day of your “happily ever after “!